1 Life. ∞ Goals + Aspirations.
Continuously faced with choosing and making decisions on HOW TO spend your days|weeks|months, here are 3 types of lists to explore that will help YOU effectively manage your time & energy and focus on what YOU truly seriously wish to experience in YOUR life:
(1) The To-Do List
(2) The Stop Doing List
(3) The To Be List
1. The To-Do List
The most notorious type of list is the To-Do List.
Figuring out how to get all of your tasks done can be quite the struggle, and that’s where To-Do lists can be soothingly helpful. To-Do lists have been proven quite useful and efficient to better organize one’s life. Many people use this type of list in their daily, weekly or monthly planning.
Instead of keeping everything inside of your head, writing it down on paper clears mental space in addition to ensuring more clarity on what actually needs to get done.
Your attention becomes more channelled and focused. It is easier to discard any useless time wasting activities or superfluous actions. As items get ticked off, YOU feel encouraged in accomplishing the different things on this list.
TIP: Be specific. Simplify. Avoid vagueness.
2. The Stop Doing List
Danielle Laporte quoted:
‘What YOU stop doing is just as important as the things YOU start doing.’
The Stop Doing List is a list that will aid YOU in stopping committing to things YOU do not really want to do, to start wholeheartedly achieving the things that YOU truly wish to do, i.e. the things that make YOU feel happy & joyful.
Where to begin? Make a list of the things that YOU do every day that do NOT add value to your life.
If YOU can get rid of the things on your “stop-doing” list, then you’ll find that YOU are creating time & space in your life for things YOU actually want to be doing.
Your Stop Doing List may look something like this:
I will STOP:
- Eating snacks after 9:30pm, as I honor my body and wish to sleep more peacefully.
- Spending so much time on social media. It drains my energy. The information shared is not necessarily needed for my well-being.
- Making excuses for not taking care of myself or taking time-outs. I am responsible for my time management as well as my well-being. No one else is.
- Negatively judging my body and thinking it is not beautiful. My body is my vessel.
- Accepting invitations or requests that are draining me. I wish to fuel myself with love & joy and to spend time with people that expand my energy.
- Having negative, harsh, judgemental thoughts about myself (or others). Being neutral will serve me better.
- Counting on anyone else to travel. I am able + free to go wherever my heart sings. I will meet other travel buddies along the way.
- Indulging in people’s drama. This makes me feel more dramatic. I shall pursue with positive vibes and pay attention to enlightening/inspiring stories or people.
What will YOU stop doing Beautiful Soul?
3. The To Be List
This type of list is my favourite, the To Be List.
A To Be List is a list of how YOU wish to feel or be. This list does NOT focus on what to do, but rather underlines how YOU wish to feel.
For example, if YOU wish to feel more joyful, peaceful, focused, compassionate, adventurous, sexy, happy, grateful, determined, abundant, etc.
A To Be List enriches your life experiences daily:
:: It reminds YOU of how YOU wish to BE, throughout the day/week, while carrying on with your daily tasks.
:: It acts like a powerful memo of what YOU truly wish to experience from the inside out.
:: It underlines the feelings YOU avidly seek for.
:: This list is all about BE-ING.
What feelings or sensations do YOU wish to experience?
Enjoy writing your lists!